Typical Consulting Engineering
Last Updated on:
Thursday, November 30, 2017 07:23:43 AM
David Johnson and Associates is
committed to providing exceptional electronic engineering
consulting services. Our mission is to fulfill our clients' design
objectives in innovative and cost effective ways. David Johnson &
Associates provide swift solutions to difficult engineering problems.
David Johnson and Associates can help with application engineering, develop new product concepts or make cost
and performance improvements of existing product . Our services are
also offered on a consulting or contract basis. In the event a project
requires specific expertise, we can recruit experienced consultants and
contract engineers to complement our services.
David Johnson, P.E., received his
Professional Engineer Colorado license #17425 in 1980. He holds three
patents with four more pending. His consulting electronics
engineering proficiency is based on direct experience in product research,
design and development, electronic circuit design, electro-optics and custom
test instrument design.
provide technical support:
- specifying the proper electronic component for various applications.
- suggesting and/or designing additional uses for products.
- reviewing the entire application to assure the best utilization of
Project Management: management of
projects from simple prototypes to complete product development tasks.
- customer interfacing
- feasibility studies
- outline work scope
- estimate manpower and materials
- schedule engineering tasks and
- lead progress meetings
design, build and test
prototypes or , modify products for special applications.
- design custom test fixtures
- design special instruments
- conduct failure analysis
- write circuit descriptions
- evaluate new products and components
- design product packages
- design printed circuit boards
Manufacturing Engineering: expert at devising
methods to minimize overall manufacturing costs.
- outline production methods
- develop assembly procedures
- design dedicated test stations,
- write inspection and test procedures
- supervise quality control.
conduct basic research in a variety of new technology areas.
- plan and conduct the necessary experiments.
- design and build the required special equipment,
- review test results and outline additional experiments
- gather technical information on a specific subject
- conduct patent searches on the Internet.
Documentation: generate all necessary
documents to mass produce a product.
- installation manuals
- operations and maintenance manuals
- test and assembly procedures
- troubleshooting guides
- circuit descriptions
- product application notes
- product specifications
- technical proposals
- engineering reports
Imagineering: creativity is used in defining
new products, applying new technologies, leading brainstorm sessions and
proposing new markets.
Dave's Lab consists of:
- Electronic Test
- Large Electronic
- Extensive Technical Library
- CAD System with Internet access
(The agreement is a MS Word doc)
EXPENSES. Professional charges are based on
rate of $100.00 per hour. Project material
reimbursed at cost + 20%. Direct expenses such as
photocopies, long distance phone calls, shipping charges, etc.
billed at cost to the client company. No contingency fees
such as stock options or ownership
percentages will be accepted as
alternatives to dollar payments.
Complete Fee & Payment Policy
and Professional Statement of Policy